Has your "bridezilla" taken the reigns and left you in the dust for your wedding planning? For some guys, going into debt by just popping the question was enough to think about. However, theres much more to be taken care of. From tuxedo rentals to honeymoon plans, and everything in between, CUMBERBUND CAMPAIGN is here to help you out!

Monday, November 2, 2009

When not to Hyphenate

Whats the point of hyphenating your last name? Last week I found out that one of my friends is going to keep her last name because it sounded more sophisticated than her fiance's. I thought that was crazy.

Here are some examples that prove my point why hyphenated names aren't a good idea:


Jay Leno has featured these on his "headlines" segment on monday night. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they didn't probably hyphenate their names after marriage. However, I think they prove how ridiculous hyphenated names can be.

Take, for example, a child who has inheritted a hyphenated name due to his mom wanting to keep hers. Lets say the hyphenated name became something like Drexheimer-Cornelius. That just takes way too long to say. And what if the boy's name was something like Xavier? That's a mouth full. There would be no name on the back of that kid's jersey...

1 comment:

  1. Of course, then again, I have a friend with the last name of Butt. Yes, B-U-T-T. I would assume it would be in the interest of any girl he marries to keep her last name. I just can't imagine dealing with that the rest of your life...

    ReplyDelete